Front Panel – Volume Adjust
The VOLUME knob control adjusts the overall loudness of the signal sent to the loudspeakers. The perfect signal tracking and channel balance provide a highly linear and low-noise operation.
Clockwise – increase the volume level.
Counterclockwise – lower the volume level.
SR 9 Remote – Volume Adjust
Press the [MUTE] button to switch OFF the sound to the speakers and headphones temporarily. The front display shows the Mute indication for 3 seconds and later appears above the current playing source.
Press the [MUTE] button again to restore sound.
Note: Adjusting the Volume level via the SR 9 or the front panel VOLUME knob automatically disables the MUTE Mode.
Press the VOL [▲/▼] button to increase or decrease the loudness level. Release the button when the desired level is reached.
When the VOL [▲/▼] button is pressed, the dB level shown in the front panel display will correspondingly increase or decrease.
VOLUME AT STANDBY MODE
- Suppose the C 658 with the Variable Volume Control setting enters the Standby Mode with a volume level higher than -20 dB. In that case, the Player always resumes Operating Mode with the default Volume level of -20 dB.
- Suppose the C 658 with the Variable Volume Control setting enters the Standby Mode with a -20 dB or lower volume level. In that case, the Player resumes Operating Mode with the initial Volume level unchanged.
Note: The default volume level at Standby Mode is -20 dB.
C 658 MAIN MENU VOLUME CONTROL SETTINGS
On the front panel of a C 658, you can set the Volume Control to either Variable or Fixed level for each Source (Source Setup > Volume Control). This Volume Control configuration is independent for each Source.
Variable Volume Control
The volume output level can be adjusted using the front panel VOLUME knob or SR 9 remote's VOL [▲/▼] buttons.
Fixed Volume Control
The volume output level cannot be adjusted, as the Volume Control feature of C 658 is bypassed.
Change Volume Control (VARIABLE/FIXED)
To change the Volume Control (Variable/Fixed) settings for Optical 1 Source in C 658, perform the following steps:
Note: For any other Source, use the Source Selection button on the front panel or remote to change the Source before proceeding.
Use the navigation  or buttons  to go through menu options and selections.
The middle round button is designated as the [ENTER] button.
- Press [◡] for the MAIN MENU options to appear on display.
- Press  to navigate to the Source Setup option.
Press [◡] for the Source Setup menu options.
Press  to navigate to the Volume Control option.
Press [◡] to display the current Volume Control setting configured.
- Press  to change the active selection to Fixed.
Note: The Blue dot indicates the active selection.
- Press [◠] to return to the Volume Control option.
- Press  to navigate to the Fixed Volume option.
- Press [◡] to configure the current Fixed Volume level.
- Press  to set the required dB level setting for the Fixed Volume setting.
- Press [◠] multiple times to exit the Volume Control menu and return to the Source screen you accessed before Step 1.
Note: At the Fixed volume level setting, the front panel display will show "xx. x dB Fixed" as the volume control is adjusted.
Change Volume Display Mode (Decibel/Percent)
- Press [◡] for the MAIN MENU – Settings options to appear on display.
- Press [◡] to navigate the Settings menu options.
- Press  to navigate to the Volume Display Mode option.
- Press [◡] to display the current Volume Display Mode configured.
- Press  to change the active selection to Decibel/Percent.