- Upgrade M33 with the latest BluOS firmware. (Note: This upgrade is necessary to configure correct L and R levels in bridge mode)
- Adjust the volume limits using M33's Front panel display or BluOS Controller App to [-20] dB(a). This adjustment reduces the chance of damage due to the very high power of M23 and M33 in bridge mode.
((a)Note: - You can later adjust this setting to match your personal preference of maximum playback level.)
- Front panel display –
- Select the left Navigation menu (3 lines).
- Select the settings icon > Player > Volume Limits (dB).
- BluOS Controller App –
- In the BluOS Controller App, select the Player Drawer.
- Select the context menu (3 dots) of M33.
- Select Audio Settings > Volume limits (dB).
- Front panel display –
IMPORTANT! – Disconnect the power supply to both amplifiers before proceeding.
- Set the BRIDGE switch to the ON position.
- Connect the Left speaker to the M33's SPEAKERS terminal as follows:
- Left speaker's (+) terminal to M33's SPEAKERS LEFT (+) terminal.
- Left speaker's (–) terminal to M33's SPEAKERS RIGHT (–) terminal.
- Set the BRIDGE MODE switch to the ON (BRIDGE) position.
- Set the AUDIO INPUT (RIGHT) channel - SELECT switch to SE (R) position. (Note: Do NOT use BALANCED(R)).
- Set the AUDIO INPUT (LEFT, BRIDGE MODE) channel - SELECT switch to SE (L) position. (Note: Do NOT use BALANCED(L)).
- Set the GAIN LEVEL switch to the HIGH position.
- Connect M33's PRE OUT R (red color) right channel to M23's AUDIO INPUT (LEFT, BRIDGE MODE) - SE input. (Note: Do NOT connect any other cables to M23's inputs)
- Connect the Right speaker to the M23's SPEAKERS terminal as follows:
- Right speaker's (+) terminal to M23's SPEAKERS LEFT (+) terminal.
- Right speaker's (–) terminal to M23's SPEAKERS RIGHT (–) terminal.
- (Optional) To control the switching of M23, in line with M33's ON/OFF – connect a 3.5 mm minijack to minijack mono cable between M33's +12V TRIGGER OUT and M23's +12V TRIGGER IN.
- Power ON both amplifiers.
- Set the volume control to a lower level.
- Play a track with distinct Left and Right and increase(b) the volume gradually.
((b)USE CAUTION: The power of this bridge mode combination is way higher than what most speakers can handle.)
- Check if both speakers play the same volume level and that the differences between Left and Right channels are distinguishable and not swapped.
- (Optional) Consider performing a DIRAC Room Calibration to analyze the acoustic characteristics of speakers and your room to calibrate the NAD system and reproduce sound as intended. For more information, refer to our Help Center article.
M33 and M23 are now configured in Bridge Mode. M33 drives the left channel, and M23 drives the right channel.