If you're experiencing problems with your M51 Direct Digital DAC, you many want to try to perform a factory reset. Performing a factory reset should always be your last option to fix a problem. It will permanently delete all customized settings and restore the M51 back to it's default software. Be sure to make note of any settings you want to remember before you do a factory reset.
To perform a factory reset:
- Press and hold front panel [INPUT] button.
- Set to ON the rear panel POWER switch while still holding on to [INPUT] button.
- VFD illuminates. Release [INPUT] button. VFD will show SETUP VFD TESTV1.xx RESET VFD TEST is flashing. V1.xx stands for the software version.
- Within 3 seconds, press front panel Standby button and RESET will now flash.
- M51 will go to reset mode with the VFD showing Factory Reset.
- It will now reset and automatically shutdown.
If you encounter an issue with your M51 that can't be fixed with a factory reset, please contact the NAD Support Team.