Spotify has made the difficult technical decision to discontinue and remove the embedded Spotify integration (libspotify) from the NAD D 7050 Direct Digital Network Amplifier as of January 31, 2017. This decision was made by Spotify and does not only affect the thousands of owners of the D 7050, but also products from many other major electronics brands.
Despite this, there are other ways in which users of the D 7050 can enjoy Spotify. If you want to keep playing Spotify on your D 7050 after December 31, 2017, when Spotify will officially turn off the integration, here are some tips for how you can continue to enjoy Spotify:
Stream Spotify with aptX™ Bluetooth®
To listen to Spotify via Bluetooth, you’ll need to pair the D 7050 with a Bluetooth-enabled phone, tablet, or computer that has the Spotify app installed. This will also work on the D 3020.
- Select Bluetooth as the source on the D 7050
- Turn on Bluetooth in the settings of your Spotify device
- In your Spotify device’s Bluetooth settings, select the D 7050
- Open Spotify and play a song
Stream Spotify with AirPlay
With AirPlay, you can wirelessly stream Spotify on your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8 and above) to the D 7050.
- Connect your computer to the same WiFi network as the D 7050
- Click the AirPlay icon in the menu bar, and select your device
- Play a song on Spotify and listen to music flow through your system
Mobile and Tablet
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to the same WiFi network as the D 7050
- Play a song from Spotify and tap the ^ icon in the Now Playing Bar of the app
- Tap Devices Available at the bottom of the screen
- Tap More Devices and select the D 7050 as the AirPlay device
- Music will now start flowing through your system
For more information regarding Spotify being discontinued from the NAD D 7050, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.