With Spotify’s decision to discontinue and remove the Spotify Connect integration (libspotify) from many major electronic brands and devices, including our NAD MT 1 Media Tuner Module and MT 2 Media Tuner, we searched for new and alternative ways that our customers could continue to enjoy Spotify.
After rigorous testing of several different plug-and-play solutions, our NAD product experts found Chromecast Audio to be the best and most cost-effective solution that allows you to continue to stream and enjoy Spotify on your NAD amplifier.
Here is how you connect a Chromecast Audio to your NAD amplifier and stream Spotify:
Stream Spotify with Chromecast Audio
Before you get started, make sure your Chromecast audio is set up using the Chromecast Audio app on your phone or tablet.
- Insert the Chromecast audio into the amplifier’s 3.5mm or optical input port
- Open Spotify on your phone, tablet, or the web player. Make sure it’s connected to the same WiFi as your Chromecast Audio. Note: Chromecast is only compatible on the web player with the Chrome browser.
- Play some music inside the Spotify app
- Tap the Now Playing Bar at the bottom of the screen and select Devices Available.
- Select the Chromecast Audio from the devices listed.
To learn more about streaming Spotify on NAD with Chromecast Audio, or for more information on Spotify Connect being removed from the MT 1 Media Tuner Module and MT 2 Media Tuner, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.