A message from Wi-Fi Radio Frontier - the Internet Radio Service Provided by the NAD C446;
PLEASE BE ADVISED - CLICKING ON THE ITALICISED LINKS BELOW WILL TAKE YOU WI-FI RADIO FRONTIER'S SUPPORT SITE - THIS IS A SEPARATE ORGANISATION NOT ASSOCIATED WITH NAD ELECTRONICS, IT'S SUBSIDIARIES OR OTHER PARTNERS.
Why did the service change on the 7th May 2019?
On 1st May 2019 we experienced a major outage of the Internet Radio & Podcast service used by our customers’ Internet Radio devices. This was caused by issues with a third-party service provider that were outside our control. The service provider has also informed us that they are unable to ensure service provision beyond week commencing 6th May. Any such failure to provide the service would have caused the Internet Radio functionality on all our customers’ devices to stop working unless we had taken this remedial action.
As a result, we have made some changes to the way the service is delivered, and you may notice the following changes:
- We have deployed a replacement service, and configured all devices to use it. It may take several hours for your device to see the new service. Older devices may need to be powered off and back on again to force them to see the new service.
- We are using a new provider for the Internet Radio and Podcast directory. You may discover some new stations and podcasts that were not previously available, and you may find some stations and podcasts are missing. If you notice a station or podcast that you think is missing from the database then please raise a support ticket and we will aim to get it added within 2 business days.
- You may see some slight changes to the menu structure on your devices due to the change of provider.
- The previous customer portal is no longer available, and so you can no longer use it to add your own stations. If you would like a station adding to the database then please raise a support ticket and we will aim to get it added within 2 business days.
- It is no longer possible to recall Favourites. Depending on your device, we recommend using the Device Presets or Last Listened functionality to recall your favourite stations instead.
- Any Device Presets that you have previously saved will no longer work and so you will need to resave them.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused as a result of these changes, which we have made in order to provide continuity of service for customers and users. This is a large and complex migration and whilst we have tested and rehearsed this scenario in advance there may be an initial period of reduced service stability. We will be monitoring the service closely during this time and will communicate any issues via the status page at https://status.frontiersmart.com/.