The MDC USB DSD module on a compatible NAD device allows you to stream music from the computer in high resolution up to 24-bit/192kHz PCM and DSD up to DSD256. Now you can play your favorite music from the computer’s local hard drive or popular music streaming services such as Spotify, Tidal, or Qobuz - using a USB connection.
- Asynchronous USB connection
- Audio resolution up to 24bit and 192kHz
- USB Audio 2
- DSD up to DSD256 (DSD is converted to 24-bit/192kHz PCM)
What is MDC?
NAD’s innovative Modular Design Construction places all input circuitry on easily removable plug-in cards. This superior construction technique protects your investment by allowing easy upgrades, providing fast and easy service, and improved sound and video performance.
Following are the list of MDC USB DSD module compatible devices:
Audio Driver Installation
Minimum requirement – Windows 7
- Install the NAD USB Audio Driver following the onscreen instruction.
- Configure the sound/audio device setting of your computer to NAD USB Audio.
Note: Any previously installed drivers must be uninstalled before the installation of the NAD USB Audio Driver.
Audio Driver installation is not required. macOS X Snow Leopard (v10.6) or later version include USB Audio 2.0 drivers.
- Configure the sound device of macOS to NAD USB Audio 2.0
MDC USB DSD Software Upgrade for NAD Devices
MDC USB DSD Software upgrade for your compatible devices is available here.