Time to Upgrade
Good News! NAD is pleased to commence shipping the VM130 for the T 758. The VM130 brings you the latest Ultra HD video including HDMI 2.0b, High Dynamic Range (HDR) with full 4K at 60fps, 4:4:4 color resolution, and HDCP 2.2.
Please Contact your NAD Dealer today for assistance with your upgrade.
Installation is to be done by the dealer or a local service center. Labor charges may apply. If the installation is attempted by the end-user and problems arise, the end-user is responsible for all repair costs plus shipping and handling costs. NAD is not liable due to installation errors.
Installation time is approximately 1–2 hours. Most service centers and dealers bill by the hour and some have a waiting list. We recommend that you call ahead to get an appointment.
The end-user is responsible for round-trip shipping costs. We recommend using the original NAD packaging if it is necessary to ship the unit.
- Windows Computer
- USB Thumb Drive (for separate OSD firmware update)
- Serial Cable (for main firmware update) – We recommend this serial cable
- Phillips precision / small screwdriver
- Phillips screwdriver
- ESD or Antistatic Strap or Mat
- Small tweezers
For a full listing of compatible receivers, please see our MDC Matrix for details.
Step by Step Instructions
- Switch OFF the receiver's rear panel POWER switch and unplug the power cable.
- Remove the side and rear panel screws from the top cover.
- Lift at the rear of the top cover and slide back and off to remove the cover.
- Ground yourself and discharge any ESD (Electrostatic discharge) by touching the receiver's rear chassis. Attach an ESD wrist strap to the chassis to prevent any ESD damage.
- Remove the rear panel screws that secure the HDMI / DSP Board Assembly.
- Slide out the HDMI / DSP board assembly.
- Remove the screws above / below the HDMI Connectors from the rear panel plate. You will need to reuse these screws.
- Remove the screws above/below the S/PDIF connectors from the rear panel plate. You will need to reuse these screws as well.
- Remove the screws from the standoffs that attach the HDMI board to the DSP board.
- Install the HDMI board to the DSP board.
- Remove the yellow tape covering the HDMI Board GOLD contacts from the card edge.
- Install the new backplate to the HDMI / DSP boards.
- Reinstall the HDMI / DSP board assembly, and secure it to the chassis.
- Install the new backplate to the new HDMI board.
- Install the new backplate to the existing audio board.
- Reinstall the top cover, screws, reconnect the AC power cable.
- Download the firmware, and image files if you have not already done so; MDC 4K Video Upgrade Kit
- Unzip, and copy the file (VM130.img) to a FAT32 formatted USB stick, and insert it into the USB port of the VM130 card. The image file should be the only file on the USB stick.
- Update the unit with the receiver's firmware upgrade file.