You can set the volume limits by adjusting the upper and lower limit of volume controls. Modifying the upper or lower volume limits of C 658 provides more fidelity when adjusting the volume.
Volume limits can be adjusted in any of the following two methods:
Front Panel Display
Use the navigation  or buttons  to go through menu options and selections.
The middle round button is designated as the [ENTER] button.
- In C 658, press [◡] for the MAIN MENU – Settings options to appear on display.
- Press [◡] to navigate the Settings menu options.
- Press  to navigate to the Volume Limits option.
The current Volume Limits are displayed below this option as (Minimum / Maximum) dB.
- Press [◡] to configure the current Volume Limits.
- The left handle of the slider indicates the Minimum Volume limit, and the right handle of the slider indicates the Maximum Volume limit.
Note: The handle highlighted in White corresponds to the currently selected Volume Limit. Press the [ENTER] button to change between the left-handle and the right-handle selection.
- Press  to adjust the left handle between -80 dB and -22 dB to configure the Minimum Volume limit*.
- Press the [ENTER] button to change between the left-handle and the right-handle selection.
- With the right-handle selected, press  to adjust the right handle between -50 dB and +12 dB to configure the Maximum Volume limit*.
Press [◠] multiple times to exit the Volume Control menu and return to the Source screen you accessed before Step 1.
BluOS Controller App
- In the BluOS Controller App, select C 658 from the Player Drawer.
- On the left Navigation Drawer, select Settings > Audio > Volume limits (dB).
- Adjust the left handle of the slider between -80 dB and -22 dB to configure the Minimum Volume limit*.
- Adjust the right handle of the slider between -50 dB and +12 dB to configure the Maximum Volume limit*.
- Select OK.
*The C 658 maintains a minimum span width of 30 dB between Maximum and Minimum volume limits. For example, the maximum volume limit configuration of -10dB limits the range of the minimum volume limit adjustment from -40 dB to -80 dB.
Conversely, a minimum volume limit configuration of -60dB limits the range of the maximum volume limit adjustment from -30 dB to +12 dB.